CNC manufacturing is a valuable process that utilises a computer to guide the movements of various industrial machines. Milling machines and turning lathes are the most recognisable CNC machines that are operated with a CNC control system.
CNC machining can be used for a large amount of different materials and across various industries for numerous applications. Manufacturers regularly use CNC machining methods for direct and indirect manufacturing processes or in combination with other techniques. It is known to be an ideal approach for rapid prototyping, and there are other advantages as well.
Advantages of CNC Machining
CNC machining can provide manufacturers with certain benefits that can make it the process to use during production. Here is why CNC machining should be used for certain projects:
- A high degree of precision: A major benefit of CNC machining is precision, especially when compared with manual machines. Projects that require the creation of parts that meet precise specifications and close tolerances will benefit from this process as CNC machines make it possible to create highly intricate pieces.
- Repeatability: Projects that need mass production of the same item will be able to take advantage of the CNC manufacturing process. This is because regardless of the number of cycles, nothing changes, resulting in a consistent product.
- High-speed machining: CNC machines are able to operate at fast speeds and very high feed rates, resulting in lower cycle times and increased efficiency.
Our CNC machining methods
At ANR Manufacturing Ltd we have skilled CNC machinists who are able to carry out a wide range of project requirements. With our three CNC turning centres and two manual turning centres as well as a 5-Axis milling machine, our engineers are able to get jobs done to a high specification. This gives our team of highly skilled engineers the capability to produce complex parts in a very rapid time. The work involves:
- CNC Milling: CNC milling is a machining process that uses rotary cutters to remove material by advancing a cutter into a work piece.
- CNC Turning: CNC turning is a detailed and intricate machining method used to create custom parts and components. This is done by using a turning lathe and can be undertaken manually or via an automated lathe.
If you would like to take advantage of our highly skilled CNC manufacturing services then please contact us now.